Vacancy – MARAC Administrator
Voice for Victims and Witnesses is a visionary one-stop-shop for practical and emotional support for victims and witnesses of crime, helping them to cope and recover, whatever their experience.
As a MARAC administrator, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of confidential and comprehensive support services to Northamptonshire’s Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC).
Job Type: Full-time
Closing date: 29/01/20 at noon
Interviews: To be held on the 7/02/20
Salary: £20,619 – £22,833
Please send a CV and covering letter to Stacey.Coote@northants.pnn.police.uk
- Provide a full range of confidential secretarial, administrative and support services to Northamptonshire’s Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences.
- To understand MARAC processes and procedures, to be able to undertake MARAC administration duties if required. This will cover attending meetings, taking minutes, distributing minutes, maintaining databases, and general administrative duties.
- Collate and inform partners of MARAC referrals, set up and maintain records in respect of all referrals to MARAC, maintain database, collate and supply information and reports to relevant partners.
- Contact with partner agencies involved with the MARAC / MAPPA process in response to questions, sending and receiving information etc, exercising judgement and tact in deciding how to deal with such contacts.
- Provide clerical assistance and administrative support to the MARAC coordinator and chair as required, using software applications including MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, CRAMS and ViSOR. Answering the telephone and taking messages, making appointments, booking meetings, inviting representatives from MARAC / MAPPA agencies to attend etc.
- Attend MARAC meetings across Northamptonshire for the purpose of taking comprehensive minutes and then to distribute those minutes within reasonable and set timescales.
- Contribute to the planning of own development needs including such training courses that are deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the principles in respect of sharing information and confidentiality are maintained and take adequate security precautions in respect of information concerning MARAC cases.
- Ensure the security of the office and its contents.
- The post holder will be expected to work closely with colleagues in accordance with Service objectives, to ensure a coherent, efficient and mutually supportive approach.
- The post holder will be expected to carry out other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time, in connection with the responsibilities of the post.
- Minimum of RSA II typing/word processing qualifications or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to take accurate notes and minutes of meetings.
- Ability to establish and maintain databases and spreadsheets.
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Be able to respond confidently to enquiries both on the telephone and in person.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Work flexibly and responsibly on their own initiative to manage work demands and pressures.
- Proven administrative experience.
- Proven track record of successfully working in partnership with other agencies.
- Ability to travel freely throughout Northamptonshire to attend meeting as required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a level of awareness of equality issues appropriate to this role.
- Experience / knowledge of working with issues of domestic violence.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working and major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will be also required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time to be within the general scope of the post.
Conditions of service
Must hold a driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
The appointment will be full time and subject to the conditions of service of Voice.
The annual leave entitlement is 23 days with a further 5 days after 5 years continuous service.