Anti-social behaviour – How Voice can help you

What is anti-social behaviour?

When someone’s quality of life is affected by the actions of other people in the community, this is anti-social behaviour (ASB).

Anti-social behaviour affects lots of people and often impacts lots of people in one community.

If you’re experiencing persistent anti-social behaviour, aren’t sure what to do or need support in coping with what’s going on, we’re here to help.

You may think that an incident is small or unimportant to start with, but anti-social behaviour can go on for a long time and become very serious.

Not all anti-social behaviour is classed as crime, however lots are and different types of ASB can lead on to becoming crimes.

Where a crime has taken place and the offender has admitted guilt Voice can support you through Restorative Justice.

How anti-social behaviour can affect you 

People are affected by anti-social behaviour in a variety of different ways, which are often affected by the type of ASB they are experiencing.

Common reactions to anti-social behaviour include:

  • feeling anxious and constantly on edge;
  • being frightened to go out;
  • changing your routine to avoid problems;
  • feeling sad and upset;wanting to move house;
  • feeling unsafe; and
  • having trouble sleeping.

How can Voice can help me?

Dealing with anti-social behaviour is hard. However, Voice have a wealth of experience in helping people just like you to cope, recover and thrive following anti-social behaviour.

We can help you by:

  • providing emotional support by phone and face to face;
  • speaking to different agencies who can help on your behalf;
  • helping you understand the process of tackling crime and anti-social behaviour, which can take a long time;
  • giving you advice about your personal safety and home security;
  • helping you contact other agencies and services that can also offer help; and
  • supporting you if a case goes to court.

If you could do with a helping hand to deal with anti-social behaviour, speak to Voice, now.

How can I report anti-social behaviour? 

For many people experiencing anti-social behaviour, knowing how to begin dealing with it is often a problem.

It’s important to tell the right people about what is going on. Depending on the situation, you can report ASB to:

  • your landlord. They have a duty to make sure that tenants don’t behave in a way that breaks their tenancy agreement;
  • the local authority. There is a department in each local council who has responsibility for anti-social behaviour. Call the council’s reception and ask to speak to the staff who deal with anti-social behaviour complaints, and;
  • the police.If you think a crime has been committed you should report this to the police.

If you experience anti-social behaviour, you may have to help provide evidence before action can be taken, for example you may be asked to keep a diary of things that happen. You might even be asked to have recording equipment in your property for noise nuisance.

It takes a lot of time and energy to keep doing this and we will support you. There is often no quick fix, but we’re here to help you through the process.

For more information or to access support please visit our website at –

Or contact us in the following ways;

One of our team will be available to speak with you from 8am – 6pm Mon, Weds & Fri, 8am -8pm Tues & Thurs and 9am –5pm Saturdays.